This time of year is supposed to be the most difficult. (long winter, large credit card bills...)
To make us feel good we didn't make New Year's resolutions, we held them until Blue Monday. That means we've gone 3 weeks without breaking them!
Anyways, this is what we are focused on in 2016.
1. We promise to celebrate the positive changes our clients make with the people who make these changes possible! We resolve to be inspiring and thankful!
2. We promise to follow the message of '29'. This is the story of a young woman who accessed services from an agency, made some positive steps and then relapsed. It wasn't until the 29th time that she came to the organization that her life change was permanent. We resolve not to turn someone away on their, 4th, 15th or 29th time!
3. We will continue to share with the community the issues that our clients face, their efforts to overcome them and invite you to help solve them. We will ask for your help.
4. We will be relentless in our efforts to build trust. We will be visible in the community, we will initiate contact with potential clients and we will be available when someone needs us.
5. We promise to not be cynical about the potential for change in our clients (even the most "difficult" ones). We promise not to blame people for the situations they are in. (parents, youth, community members)
Bonus: We want to say thank you to the donors that make this work possible so often that they tell us to stop!
Various people will contribute to this blog. Check each posting for the author.